The practice quilt I started by outlining the motif in the center and then quilted in circles instead of rows and followed the same for each flower as I got closer to it. This was just a practice one so I goofed a little around the flower ;).
Here are pictures of my practice quilt:
|Practice quilt Front|
|Practice quilt back|
Last week Danielle had suggested that I try hair-dryer to get the markings out of my quilt. I did try this method and I had to setup my dryer at hot with medium speed. The markings did go away but some of the lines then came back after it cooled off. So, I went back to those lines with tip of my iron. So, I am thinking that not just the heat but little bit friction is also required for the markings to disappear from the Pilot's Frixon pens.
You can still here the markings around some of the hearts:
Since I was quilting with same color thread, at times it was difficult to see where I had already quilted. I realized a new trick to work through this problem. Every time I didn't know where I was stitching I quilted away from it to get a better view and then went back to it.
Also I realized that as I started quilting in the borders my microstippling got little big. Probably because of the space available I started quilting bigger. Not sure why though :-).
Here are pictures of my wholecloth quilt:
|Wholecloth Quilt - taken in natural light during the day|
|Closeup of the center motif|
|Closeup of the corner motif|
|Closeup of the another corner motif|
It was so much fun doing this wholecloth quilt. Thank you again Leah for the wonderful tutorials.